13 March 2014

What's on my hook - and on my mind

Bit cold at the minute. And we all know what that means. Time to break out the crochet hook. I gave away a peek of the start of my latest project a month or two ago on Instagram, and it has stalled because the weather had been too nice to not feel anything but extreme guilt about sitting in one place for too long. I hope that by posting here, it will keep me accountable and I'll get back into working on it.
I picked up the project again this week, and last night I found myself simply willing it to be finished. I love making crochet blankets so much, and I really liked the colour palette of baby pink, candyfloss pink, red and charcoal but I can't help but feel that I have made a mistake with adding the variegated yarn. Perhaps a solid colour in light grey would work better? It takes me close to 45 minutes to make each triangle, so you can understand why I want to get the colours right.
Random fact: I have never worked with variegated yarn before. It is possible that I came perilously close to inappropriate levels of yarn-lover fondling of the balls of wool in the shop contemplating what it would look like when crocheted. I loved the way it looked on the foundation chain, not loving it so much now I've done so many rows of single crochet stitches. Hopefully this is just a blip and I'll feel bouncy about it again by the weekend so I can devote some more time to it. Or not. In which case, you will most likely find me staring catatonically in the yarn aisle at Spotlight.

In other crafterly news, my 4 year old thinks I am awesome because I literally just this minute made her a paper plane to take to bed. I don't know whether to feel flattered by her praise or concerned that she ever doubted my capabilities.

2 comments:

  1. Your triangles look great, and I look forward to seeing progress. I can make no comment on variegated yarn - you know how that has been going for me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooo i like it I like it! Not sure about the variegated one either... but hey - it might just be the ticket! looking forward to seeing how it comes together. I'm sure your 4 year old never doubted you :)

    ReplyDelete