24 June 2014

Hazed {Weddings Edition}

Hazed magazine's winter issue arrived today. I had the opportunity to either go sweat some lard off at floorball training this evening or lie on the couch and read the magazine with a packet of Tim Tams in my jimjams. The couch won and I really enjoyed reading all about people carving out names for themselves in the wedding industry in this country. Personally, I think it is the best edition yet, and I can say that without bias because I didn't conduct any interviews this time.

A diverse range of businesses are showcased including a feature on Wellington wedding gown designer Sally Eagle. The stand-outs for me though were the Q&A interviews with Twig and Arrow, a stylist specializing in floristry and Wink Loves a Party, a custom party decor business, simply because I had not heard of either business before and I love Hazed's mission to unearth hidden talent.

One Lovely Day owner and event stylist Claire Donaldson talks about her gorgeous off-shoot business One Little Wagon, a retro 1975 caravan converted into a bar that can be hired for special occasions. There is also a ring bearer's cushion tutorial and some lovely decadent recipes to try. It really is an issue that will have something to interest everyone.
I have mentioned time and time again how strongly I feel about supporting independent designers and what a great job this magazine does of giving them a voice. Now, here is an opportunity for you to discover it for yourself. Share a memory of your wedding day with me and I will put you in the draw to WIN a one year subscription to Hazed magazine.

If you are currently planning your wedding, let me know if you are using any of the businesses mentioned above or if you have other recommendations. If you are happily (or unhappily) single, you can still enter - if you win at least you will have a new magazine to cuddle up to every three months and it won't hog your blankets or put its cold feet on you.

Open to all followers of my blog who are resident in Australia or New Zealand.

For an extra entry, follow Hazel Loves Design either on her blog or on Facebook and leave me a second comment saying how you follow her.

I will draw a winner randomly and announce it here on the blog next week.

Thank you to Hazel Schreiner, creator and editor of Hazed for enabling me to offer this generous giveaway to one of my loyal followers.

Good luck, Moonies.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of timtams in jimjams!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh enter me in the draw please :). I might be the only one around who isn't married! Haha xx

    ReplyDelete